Welcome to EP Dentistry 4 KidsPublished 08/12/2012
Greetings everyone. Our hope in starting this blog is to offer our insights on interesting topics and trends in children’s dentistry as well as some insight into our philosophy on that same topic.
If you are a parent, you may have noticed some rather dramatic changes in the industry over the past decade especially for those on some form of Medicaid/AHCCCS. Access to dentistry especially among the lower income had lots to be desired. This was highlighted in the 2000 report Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General (for complete report, go here). This report shined much-needed light on the “silent epidemic” of untreated oral disease — and affirmed the link between oral health and general health. A few years later in 2003, the government, health care providers and public health advocates released A National Call to Action to Promote Oral Health.
Many states responded to this government call to action by increasing funding for oral health. In addition, there was a concerted effort to find sign up additional providers especially in under served areas. To it’s credit, Texas greatly increased it’s attention which has resulted in many more dentists opening offices in our state. This is one of the reasons we at EP Dentistry 4 Kids opened our first office in 2008.
Since opening our first office on Dyer Street in 2008, we’ve opened up two additional offices. First the office on Zaragosa in early 2009 and, more recently, the office on Mesa and Sunland Park in early 2011. We truly enjoy serving the El Paso community and appreciate everyone that considers us their dentist.
A few of us will be writing on this blog about a variety of subjects that will help you better understand who we are and help explain various topics related to children’s dentistry. Some of the topics will include possible side effects from poor oral health, explanation of changes to various insurance plans, and our philosophy on patient service and satisfaction just to name a few.
If there are any subjects you are interested in us discussing, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to respond in a timely manner.
Thanks for taking the time to read our blog. Hope you enjoyed it and found it informative.
- There are currently no posts made in 2017/2018, please check back later!
- Dec. 2014 - Maximize Your Dental Benefits Before December 31st!
- Nov. 2014 - Why You Should Never Delay Dental Treatment
- Oct. 2014 - Teeth-Friendly Halloween Ideas
- Sept. 2014 - Dental Sealants for Children's Teeth
- Aug. 2014 - Is Your Child Missing School Due To Dental Issues?
- July 2014 - When To Wean Kids From Pacificers, Sippy-Cups, Etc.
- June 2014 - Summertime Snacks That Brighten Your Smile
- May 2014 - Health Problems Tied To Gum Disease
- Apr. 2014 - Dental Sedation For Children
- Mar. 2014 - What Parents Should Know About Fluoride
- Feb. 2014 - Children's Dental Health Month
- Dec. 2013 - 7 New Year’s Resolutions For A Healthier Smile
- Nov. 2013 - Use Your Dental Insurance Before The New Year
- Oct. 2013 - Halloween Tips For Treats
- Oct. 2013 - Honored To Serve Our Military
- Sept. 2013 - Baby Tooth Decay: It's Possible & Preventable
- Aug. 2013 - Help Your Child Overcome Fear Of Dentists
- July 2013 - Cosmetic Dentistry For Children, or Not?
- June 2013 - Trouble With Fruity Drinks, Treats & Soda
- May 2013 - Children's Dental Care: True or False
- May 2013 - Children's Oral Care Problems
- Apr. 2013 - Breakfast Cereal & Children's Dental Care
- Mar. 2013 - Mouthwashing, Flossing and Kids
- Mar. 2013 - Keeping Your Child's Teeth Healthy
- Feb. 2013 - Tips For A Healthier Mouth (Pt. 2)
- Feb. 2013 - Tips For A Healthier Mouth (Pt. 1)